Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW syntax error near unexpected token '('

Hi Kbam7,

Kbam7 writes:
> ./hello.c: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token '('
> ./hello.c: line 3: 'int main ()'
>
>[...]
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main()
> {
> /* Print "Hello World" on screen */
> printf("Hello, World!\n");
>
>  return 0;
> }

The last thing before the line with the error is the include.  Is it
possible that you have looked at the compiler headers with your editor
and inadvertantly changed something there?  I have that problem from
time to time.  Maybe it's not in the file stdio.h itself, system headers
are usually a tangled mess of includes, sub-includes and
sub-sub-includes (not a style to be emulated ;-().

benny

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.