Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC 4.9.3 "experimental"?

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 22:41:21 +0000
>
> On 14/12/15 17:27, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Can someone please tell what prevents GCC-4.9.3-preview build to
> > become the official latest build of MinGW GCC?
>
> I cross-compiled both that, and the earlier GCC-4.8.5-preview, as
> crossed-native packages, on my Linux-Mint Debian host. I posted them,
> and invited comment from the community, regarding their suitability for
> formal release; to date, I've had absolutely no feedback whatsoever in
> this regard, (beyond this enquiry itself).

Sorry, I must have missed the announcement, or maybe forgot about it.
I only remember announcements about the 4.8.4 preview.

> > Are the binaries somehow less safe than the latest "official" ones?
>
> I don't know.  The GCC-4.9.3 cross-compiler I used to build them works
> absolutely fine for me, in production.  However, I no longer have any
> use for Windows, in any shape or form as a production platform, so until
> the community offer some feedback, they will remain untested.

OK, I installed the files on one of my development machines, and will
provide feedback in a couple of weeks.  For now, I can say I've
compiled wget and Emacs with this version, and the results look very
good.

Thanks.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.