Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Question: Where do mingw version conflicts enter?

I am trying to build a mingw-org platform, and I am tempted to bring in some library dependencies
from a mingw-w64 distribution I have.  These will be installed in /mingw/opt/ and kept separate, as well
as any packages I build.  All of these are built with gcc 4.8.1, win32, dwarf2 ( if that makes any difference,
since they are mostly C libraries and not C++).

I know I'm playing with fire ... am I likely to get burned?
  Specifically, are these libraries likely to call on mingw-w64 CRT and encounter conflicts when linked with
mainly minw-org CRT?

Is there a way to discover a mingw dependency in a binary file?

Regards,
Greg

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.