Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] OSX compilation

On 29/10/15 17:01, Anderson, Amos wrote:
> I’m trying to assess the feasibility of cross compiling a C++ program
> for Windows from OSX 10.9.

There is no reason, at all, why it should not be feasible ... it's how I
build all the MinGW.org packages I distribute, using a GNU/Linux host
for my builds.

> I followed steps like these:
> http://www.blogcompiler.com/2010/07/11/compile-for-windows-on-linux/

I've no idea how reliable the information there might be; its author is
not associated with MinGW.org, AFAIK, and I am not willing to invest my
time in vetting content over which I have no control.

> I downloaded and unpacked mingw-w64-bin_i686-darwin_20130622.tar.bz2.

Once again, I've no idea what that provides; this is not a package which
we either provide, or support, and I've always built my cross compilers
myself, from official gcc.org sources.

> And here’s what I got:
>
> x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/gcc test.cpp
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
>
> I guess I expected that to work out of the box.

Looks like you may not have installed all the packages you need...

> Is there an easy fix?

...but I suggest that you seek advice from the distributors of whatever
packages you are using; we cannot comment on issues with a distribution
which does not originate from ourselves.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.