Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] mingw error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

On 11/10/15 19:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Keith Marshall
>> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:29:27 +0100
>>
>> Reality, however, is rather more encouraging ... autoconf isn't so lame.
>> [...]
>>   checking for unistd.h... yes
>>   checking for struct timespec.tv_sec... yes
>>
>> successfully detects that struct timespec is defined, *without* ever
>> looking for <pthread.h>:
>
> I know ;-)  See
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2015-01/msg00042.html

Yes.  We both know the story behind that.  It was my oversight in
mingwrt-3.21, and I fixed it in 3.21.1.  The gnulib folks might wish to
reconsider their need for that patch, (unless they wish to continue to
support a runtime library version which we consider to be defunct).

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.