Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] mingw error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:29:27 +0100
>
> Reality, however, is rather more encouraging ... autoconf isn't so lame.
> [...]
>   checking for unistd.h... yes
>   checking for struct timespec.tv_sec... yes
>
> successfully detects that struct timespec is defined, *without* ever
> looking for <pthread.h>:

I know ;-)  See

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2015-01/msg00042.html

> so if GNU projects *are* looking to <pthread.h> for the definition
> of struct timespec, it is because individual project maintainers
> have specified it thus ... quite inappropriately, IMO.

Yes, there's that as well.  Also, packages that are not maintained
very actively come with old versions of Autoconf macros.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.