Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] mingw error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:56:36 +0100
>
> On 11/10/15 16:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > My personal solution is (assuming you don't really need pthreads in
> > that project) to rename the pthreads headers, so they "don't exist" as
> > far as the configuration scripts are concerned.
>
> A reasonable approach, but kind of begs the question ... if the project
> doesn't need pthreads, why would its configuration script(s) check for
> <pthread.h>?

Because the standard GNU configure tests "know" this is one place
where 'struct timespec' is declared.

> (Unless, of course, it can use pthreads if supported, or some
> alternative fall-back otherwise ... in which case lack of any such
> alternative support could be something of a show-stopper).

No, most such packages don't use pthreads (or any threads), they just
need the struct declaration.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.