Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] mingw error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

On 11/10/15 16:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> My personal solution is (assuming you don't really need pthreads in
> that project) to rename the pthreads headers, so they "don't exist" as
> far as the configuration scripts are concerned.

A reasonable approach, but kind of begs the question ... if the project
doesn't need pthreads, why would its configuration script(s) check for
<pthread.h>?  (Unless, of course, it can use pthreads if supported, or
some alternative fall-back otherwise ... in which case lack of any such
alternative support could be something of a show-stopper).

MinGW-users mailing list