Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] mingw error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

Keith Marshall wrote:

> If you neglect that discrepancy, and your application calls any of the
> pthreads-win32 functions which require a struct timespec * parameter,
> then your application will exhibit undefined behaviour.

Look in PtW32 sources who this struct is used. Specifically how '*abstime'
is filled (I have v2.9.1 here). So since 'tv_sec' there is 32-bit, Pthread
programs could have problems in the year 2036. I assume you have fixed
PtW32 till then :-)

--
--gv

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.