Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Dependency on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

> From: John Brown <johnbrown105@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:15:01 -0400
>
> What is the purpose of libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll? I always thought that it had
> something to do with C++ exceptions

Yes, that's its purpose.

> but many of the DLLs that I have built recently depend on it, even
> though the source is not C++ as far as I can see.

GCC cannot possibly know if the libraries you build will be loaded by
C++ programs.

You need to work harder to avoid the dependency, see

  http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HOWTO_Sneak_GCC_Switches_Past_Libtool

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.