Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libgmp-10.dll was not found

On 02/09/15 16:00, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I launch configure script form msys. I already configured msys.bat to
>> include mingw-binaries into path, via:
>>
>> set PATH=c:\mingw\bin;%PATH%
>>
>> in the 1st lines of msys.bat.
>
> I don't recommend doing this: ...

No, it's not the correct way to set things up; however ...

> it puts the MinGW binaries ahead of the
> MSYS binaries on PATH.  It should be the other way around, ...

Really?  In a standard configuration, "/mingw/bin" comes before "/bin",
so this ...

> because if you have a MinGW port and an MSYS port of the same
> executable, you want MSYS to find the MSYS port first.

... is inconsistent with standard practice.  If yo have a MinGW port of
an executable, it had better not be in the MinGW bin directory, (or if
it is, it had better be named differently), if you want MSYS to favour
its own version; (this is precisely why mingw32-make.exe, in the MinGW
bin directory, is not called make.exe).

--
Regards,
Keith.