Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] RE: msys-libtool-1.5.tar.bz2

On 4/15/2012 3:46 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> We already know of scenarios where the heuristics fail -- usually as a
> result of over-aggressive interpretation of a string, which the user
> intends to be interpreted literally, being misinterpreted as a path, or
> a path list, and thus being "helpfully" converted into something which
> is entirely inappropriate.
I am currently trying to build a working libxml2-2.8.0 and am having
a problem I believe to be a compiler bug.  I am wondering if this failure
you mention above is what I am seeing.  I even created a simple console
hello world type of app that does nothing but print out the args passed
to the program.  I am finding that this argument
"-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
is getting mangled to
-/C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/OASIS/DTD DocBook XML V4.3/EN

Is this the kind of fail you mean?

> Of course not, but like Earnie, I'm having a hard time seeing any
> scenario in which it might actually be helpful.
I am having an even harder time following.  What is the current solution
to deal with this problem?

Damon Register