Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] msys-libtool-1.5.tar.bz2

On 6/11/2012 4:17 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Then you need to be in a MinGW build environment to provide that
> function and not an MSYS build environment.
yes, I know.  I was just wanting to get there in two steps, not one,
meaning that I first wanted to do what I thought would be minor tampering
with the current one before I started over in MinGW.

> The uname.exe program provided by MSYS depends on the MSYS runtime
> which implements the uname() function.
that's fine with me, at least for my first step that I mentioned above.

> function is given.  The MSYS runtime depends on some of Windows API
> and uses LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress to provide those functions.
aha, that's the secret.  I am familiar with that and have done it
with Borland, MSVC and MinGW.

> Again, MSYS provides GetEnvironmentVariable to itself via
> LoadLibrary()/GetProcAddress().  The coretuils uname.c depends on the
Got it.  Thanks

> A native uname.exe is most likely doable but you'll need to be in a
> MinGW build environment to create one.
I might still try that eventually once I can understand how it works.
Thanks for your help and patience.

Damon Register