Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: something wrong with my MSYS installation?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Damon Register
<damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am attempting to compile gnu-ghostscript using mingw-msys. ÂThe configure part
> was fairly easy but make dies with a error about not finding sys/utsname.h. ÂI see
> that this is needed because one module uses the uname() function. ÂSo far I haven't
> found the header file though I have found the function exists within msys-1.0.dll.
> ÂFrom http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HOWTO_Create_an_MSYS_Build_Environment
> I see that this is where I might expect to find uname.
>
> I downloaded some source for msysCORE Âand I see the file uname.cc and sys/utsname.h
> What I don't see is how I can have a mingw built app use this function. ÂAm I correct
> in thinking that this header and function are not available to use from within a
> standard (not built by me) mingw-msys environment? ÂWhat do I have to do to be
> able to use uname?

This really belongs in mingw-users list.  You need to port your
application to Windows such that it isn't requiring these POSIX
functions.  I know ghostscript is available for Windows so perhaps the
configure just needs to enable/disable some macro.

The documentation you point to is providing you a means to create an
environment to develop MSYS and creating applications that use the
msys-1.0.dll which is a POSIX runtime.  I don't think that is what you
are trying to accomplish.

--
Earnie