Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: something wrong with my MSYS installation?

I am attempting to compile gnu-ghostscript using mingw-msys.  The configure part
was fairly easy but make dies with a error about not finding sys/utsname.h.  I see
that this is needed because one module uses the uname() function.  So far I haven't
found the header file though I have found the function exists within msys-1.0.dll.
 From http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HOWTO_Create_an_MSYS_Build_Environment
I see that this is where I might expect to find uname.

I downloaded some source for msysCORE  and I see the file uname.cc and sys/utsname.h
What I don't see is how I can have a mingw built app use this function.  Am I correct
in thinking that this header and function are not available to use from within a
standard (not built by me) mingw-msys environment?  What do I have to do to be
able to use uname?

Damon Register