Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] ar.exe & scripts

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Ralph Engels <ralphengels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just uploaded ruby 1.8.3 for msys to my site.
> So far it seems to work fine i even got rails running but im not
> a ruby developer so if someone could give it a try reports are welcome.
>
> You might need to rebase (atleast i had to) but after it runs just
> fine it seems.
>
> the package can be found here.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/Msys%20Specific/msys-ruby-1.8.7z/download
>
> Let me know how it works for you.

This is something that does not fit the purpose of MinGW.org providing
MSYS.  Can you convince me why Ruby would be needed under the MSYS
Runtime?  There is already a Windows version of it.  The purpose of
MSYS is simply to provide a mechanism to execute a typical configure
script to create a Makefile to be able to execute make.  I have not
seen a configure script that uses Ruby.

--
Earnie