Web lists-archives.com

RE: [Mingw-msys] RE: Bug with backticks behaviour in mSYS?

The preferred mail list for this question is mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Marvin Zhang <fanzi2009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HI all,
> I'm trying to use ln command in msys, such as 'ln -s A B'. A is a
> folder, I just want to create B as for A's symbolic. However, I find
> it didn't  create a symbolic name at all, it just execute copy
> command. Could you tell me how to create a symbolic name in msys.

That is correct, because native programs such as MinGW's gcc doesn't
understand a symbolic link as Cygwin had architected it we changed it
to do a copy.  I use sysinternals' junction.exe to create a junction
point instead.  Maybe one day will do the same in MSYS for symbolic
links of directories but that will be a long while.

--
Earnie