Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Installing MinGW and MSYS

On 12/22/2011 11:37 PM, Ralph Engels wrote:

> Aye though wilson suggest we put it on the backburner as hees fixing
> some of the nasty stuff with tcl/tk

I've got a build, and oddly the *test* programs seem to work fairly
well, but wish itself (interactive or scripted) does not.  What I need
to do is tease out all my patches into smaller, related chunks and then
analyze them (and the behavior).  Maybe I "went too far" and by
eliminating some of my changes I could fix the problem -- if my possible
overzealousness caused the issue.  git-bisect is your friend (assuming
you have more than just one giant single commit :-(  -- in which case
"git rebase --interactive/git-add -patch" to the rescue
http://tomayko.com/writings/the-thing-about-git)

Or, splitting up the giant commit and analyzing the pieces may help
convince me they are all needed, the problem lies elsewhere, and I need
to patch even more.  Dunno yet.

But that's hard -- debugging an *interpreter* is decidedly nontrivial --
and I've had zero free time lately.

--
Chuck