Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] re: Licensing Question

Den 15-09-2011 21:17, Teemu Nätkinniemi skrev:
> On 15.9.2011 14:31, Ralph Engels wrote:
>
>> Just a small question i hope you can help me with. Its allmost
>> there but im banging my head on getting MinGW to work with it. I
>> checked the original patch to find out how it was initially done
>> getting cygwin to accept using the mingw compiler externally,
>> but besides bugfixes the only code part i can see makes a
>> difference is the msys_p2w function. A rather big part of the
>> code that it changes was modified so im a bit scared of trying to
>> add the function because i dont want to break it (not while im
>> not sure its the part that makes it tick).
>>
>> MinGW gcc reports no input no matter what i mount it as (even
>> unmounted from inside the Msys2 /usr dir) so for MinGW
>> development its broken :/.
>>

> I am extremely busy until Monday so I really cannot do anything
> about it before that.
>
> Use procmon and strace to see where Mingw's programs are trying to
>  access the files and that might give you more insight on the
> problem.
>
>> Im not sure who did the initial port (charles wilson ?) but i
>> need to get a hold on whoever so we can work this last part out.
>
> The people who know MSYS the best are Earnie, Charles and Cesar.

> What are the key obstacles that have prevented many mid-market
> businesses from deploying virtual desktops?   How do
> next-generation virtual desktops provide companies an
> easier-to-deploy, easier-to-manage and more affordable virtual
> desktop model.http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51426474/
Got hold on Earnie and things might resolve shortly :)
with some luck it will be added to the mingw-msys work tree.
I have a bad habit of being unclear of my intents if it was a bit
unclear im sorry. The work i have uploaded is for skipping the
crosscompiling phase making it possible for the developers to start
right away with the nessesary changes instead of having to use linux
or cygwin for the initial port. So in short to save some work :).

And thanks for your help its appreciated.

Ralph