Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] RE: sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailabl

On 7/12/2011 04:29, George Brink wrote:
> I just installed the new copy of MSYS using mingw-get:
>    mingw-get install msys
> It worked fine, but instead of the root MinGW folder it created a new one:
>    C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\
> and put everything there...
> Ok, I can have two records in my PATH:
>    PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;%PATH%
>
> But now I like to compile and install some libraries. I go into the
> library folder, run:
>     bash configure --prefix=/mingw
>     mingw32-make && mingw32-make install

Try using "make" instead of "mingw32-make", the 2 programs are
different, with the former understanding MSYS type paths that you will
get from running configure shell scripts.

The latter is closer to MSVC nmake where you can use win32 paths.