Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] RE: sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailabl

I just installed the new copy of MSYS using mingw-get:
   mingw-get install msys
It worked fine, but instead of the root MinGW folder it created a new one:
   C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\
and put everything there...
Ok, I can have two records in my PATH:
   PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;%PATH%

But now I like to compile and install some libraries. I go into the
library folder, run:
    bash configure --prefix=/mingw
    mingw32-make && mingw32-make install
but instead of putting the new libSOME.a into C:\MinGW\lib it puts the
file into C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\lib.
A little investigations shows that all MSYS' utilities add msys path
into any absolute path...

I am very confused. Why the simple command:
   C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\ls /
shows contents of the C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\ instead of the C:\???

What is going on and how to fix it?