Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] problem with unbuffered read

On 6/28/2011 1:25 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 6/27/2011 12:42 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> According to LLVM, dejagnu, tcl, and expect are needed for running test
>> suites for LLVM. Are these packages available for MSYS ( or MingW ) ?
>
> Not yet; there is a really ancient version of tk/tcl available, and LRN
> recently posted to the mingw-dvlpr list a newer version of tk/tcl.  But
> there is no official port of expect or dejagnu IIRC.
>
> I think most folks uses the "cygwin" versions of these tools, coupled
> with a mingw "identity mount".  Google "identity mount" plus mingw for
> more info.

I was able to install cygwin with these tools. Googling "identity mount"
and mingw did not give me much. I think you are telling me that I need
to set an MSYS mount in /etc/fstab such that the cygwin path becomes an
MSYS path, but I am not sure.

The MSYS README.rtf specifically tells me that:

'Using binaries with different runtimes:
You can't use Cygwin binaries at all and if you try you'll most likely
just cause the processes to "hang".'

Is this true and are you perhaps telling me that I must use cygwin to
use these tools, and there is indeed no way to use the cygwin versions
when in MSYS ? Or is there indeed a way to use the cygwin versions of
dejagnu and expect ( I found a mingw version of tcl ) under MSYS ?