Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] HAVE_SETMODE

On 25 May 2011 16:05, Cesar Romani wrote:
> I'm using mintty 0.9.7, msys 1.0.17, less 4.4.1 on Win XP.
> mintty works fine with groff-1.20.1-2-msys but not with groff-mingw
> version 1.20.1
>
> If I do:
> groff -Tascii -P-c -mandoc /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1|less
>
> mintty hangs up indefinitely and you cannot proceed any further.
> It only works if I do:
> cat /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1 | groff -Tascii -P-c -mandoc | less
>
> On the cmd console groff-mingw works fine.

This sounds a lot like an issue Keith Marshall previously reported
regarding building groff-mingw in rxvt and that I reproduced in
mintty, which suggested that it's to do with the MSYS (nee Cygwin) pty
implementation rather than either terminal as such. The usual
explanations about incompatibility between interactive native console
programs and ptys didn't seem to apply though, but unfortunately I
never got round to do any more than confirm that the issue still
exists with recent Cygwin.

Right, since I can only see msys-groff in the mingw-get repository,
did you build mingw-groff from source? And is that with msys-less or
mingw-less?

Andy