Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] HAVE_SETMODE

On 3/19/2011 9:43 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 19/03/11 05:49, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Ah...which is yet another reason why you couldn't automate this *inside
>> an msys shell*.  We don't provide mercurial.
>
> However, the stock Win32 build from mercurial's own web site runs just
> fine, as a native Win32 application run from an MSYS shell.  If it
> weren't for a pathological reluctance to adopt tools we haven't built
> for ourselves, I myself would choose mercurial over git every time.

Well, there's a difference between the current case, where somebody who
wants to update msys-vim to a version newer than that bundled inside
Chris's -src tarball would need to have mercurial to do so, and

Anybody who wants to develop/modify the software we maintain (mingw-get,
MSYS itself, etc) would need mercurial/git/etc.

In the former case, I don't see much problem "requiring" a tool we don't
provide.  In the latter case...I find that more problematic, especially
if the tool in question requires Visual anything, to be compiled on win32.

--
Chuck