Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] HAVE_SETMODE

On 18/03/2011 5:23 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 3/18/2011 4:29 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> --with-features=huge
> Doesn't this mean that msys-perl is now required? Or is that just if you
> want to use the (pseudo)embedded perl functionality?

I don't believe so, :version reports '-perl':

Huge version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
+cindent -clientserver -clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist
+cmdline_info +comments +conceal +cryptv +cscope +cursorbind
+cursorshape +dialog_con +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags
+eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +float
+folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input +iconv
+insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak
+lispindent +listcmds +localmap -lua +menu +mksession +modify_fname
+mouse -mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm
-mouse_sysmouse +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang
-mzscheme +netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra -perl +persistent_undo
+postscript +printer +profile -python -python3 +quickfix
+reltime +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff
+startuptime +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
+tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl -terminfo +termresponse +textobjects
+title -toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit
+visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows
+writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard
-xterm_save

> BTW, it's usually been the convention that msys packages are configured
> with --prefix=/usr and not /, *EVEN THOUGH* /usr is identical to / given
> the enforced MSYS mount structure.  I'm not sure it makes a difference
> -- but it costs nothing so I'm not really sure why it should be changed.

I tried that at first, but the DESTDIR captures '/usr' in the tarball,
so I dropped it to '/'.  I suppose I could filter out '/usr' when
creating  the tarball.

> In the FRS release area, there's no release notes.
> There's no [/usr]/share/doc/MSYS/vim-7.3-1-msys.RELEASE_NOTES.txt
> either, so that's probably why.

Fair enough, I'll capture my build instructions there.

> Frankly, I'm surprised that you seem to have worked *harder* -- manually
> installing 37 different patches (1-100, +101..138) to generate the -src
> package, and apparently manually typing commands to create the various
> .tar.lzma's -- than simply re-using and editing the existing automated
> structure from vim-7.2-2-src's msys-build-vim script.

Actually I didn't work that hard at all, I simply pulled that latest
source from Mercurial, so no manual patching was required.

> So...I suggest that for the next revision, whenever anybody feels like
> it or gets around to it, restore some of these items like release notes
> and automated build scripts.

I agree with the release notes, but I'm not sure about the automated
build scripts, since I have never supplied them before with any other
package I've provided (I seem to remember having this discussion before
but can't seem to find a reference to it).

> One of these days I'll finish my "msysport" tool, a bastardization of
> cygwin's cygport.  simple gentoo ebuild-like scripts to create msys
> packages, mmmmm....

I look forward to having something like this.  ;)

Cheers!

Chris