Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How to find MSYS

On 9/19/2010 1:31 PM, William Razgunas wrote:
> I'm trying to do some development on mingw/msys, and I can't use the
> make command because msys can't find msys-intl-8.DLL at all!
>
> Please help!

You didn't install the msys-libintl-dll package
(libintl-0.17-2-msys-dll-8.tar.lzma).

This tells me you did not use mingw-get to install the new make and
installed it manually (or, perhaps, you installed all of msys manually?).

That is not supported; use mingw-get instead.

Now, if you DID use mingw-get to install msys (and, specifically
msys-make), then it should have installed msys-intl-8.dll by default. If
it didn't, then you should have gotten an error message at the time.

What was it?

Without that information, we can't help you further, and can only
suggest that you try to install MinGW/MSYS again, this time using
mingw-get (or mingw-get-inst) and pay close attention to any error messages.

--
Chuck