Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How to find MSYS

On 9/5/2010 7:36 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> I have been playing with the mingw-get installer to test out the RTEMS
> [1] tools. I need perl plus some other packages installed and I can see
> the packages available for download with Sourceforge's file thingy. I
> was wondering why I cannot see these package available within the
> mingw-get command. I have been able to download and install them by
> hand. What I am doing wrong ?

Nothing.  The issue is, we haven't yet published the "manifests" for all
of the available packages.  See:

https://sourceforge.net/downloads/mingw/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-get/catalogue/

We're working on it, but it's slow going.  As it happens, I just
published the manifests for perl and its prerequisites about an hour
ago.  Once they have propagated to all the sf mirrors, you should be
able to do the following:

   mingw-get update
   mingw-get install msys-perl-bin

--