Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How to find MSYS

Hello

When trying to extract boost_1_44_0.tar.bz2 I get hundreds of lines reading:

	Archive value 4294967295 is out of gid_t range 0..65535

from tar, and then it exits with an error and my project build process
stops (the archive is still extracted I guess, but I never checked all
files and content)

I had the same versions of tar (1.23) and bzip2 (1.0.5) as on cygwin,
but on cygwin the extraction went normal.

Anyone knows why this happens ? Is there an workaround ? Can it be fixed ?

In my project I resorted to using basic-bsdtar, but that is not as
powerful as tar...

Thank you,
Timothy Madden