Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How to find MSYS

On 31/7/2010 13:58, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 7/31/2010 10:57 AM, Cesar Romani wrote:
>> Thanks a lot, this time it works.
>> Something on my old msys installation must be interfering with the new
>> files. I don't know what it is.
>> Should I remove the old msys installation and install all the new msys
>> files?
>
> You know, Keith mentioned about a year ago that he had some trouble
> doing an "overlay" update of his msys installation with the newer files.
>   We didn't track it down further at the time, because by the time I got
> around to it he had already done what you just did: moved the old
> intallation away and re-installed the new msys packages from scratch.

Maybe this change caused Cesar's troubles:

----------  msysCORE-1.0.13-1 -- 2010 Jan 15 -----------
* Developer files are moved from within /usr/i686-pc-msys to
   /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Cesar, if still have your old installation around, please try removing
the old i686-pc-msys directory. Otherwise, reinstalling is maybe the
easiest route.

Regards,
Cesar