Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Mingw insight not running on Win98 ?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Greg Chicares wrote:

> On 2010-06-18 09:03Z, Vincent Torri wrote:
>>
>> When resizing the rxvt terminal with the mouse, the content of the window
>> is drawn only when one releases the mouse button. I have the same behavior
>> with a library that i port to Windows.
>
> On my machine, that's how applications generally behave, because of
> an OS setting:
>  right-click on the desktop
>  select "Properties"
>  select "Appearance" tab
>  click "Effects"
>  clear the "Show window contents while dragging" checkbox
> That checkbox governs this behavior for (e.g.) firefox, adobe acrobat,
> VLC media player, and my own wxWidgets applications.

i can't test right now (i'm at work), but what i can say is that, with my
current settings, some (most) applications update the window content when
resizing, while msys rxvt or the apps based on my lib do not

I'll try that setting when i'm home.

thank you

Vincent Torri