Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: Re: winbase.h and NewAPIs.h

On 6/15/2010 2:45 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I'm working with Andy Koppe to port mintty to MSYS

Wow. You are a brave, brave man.  mintty seems to rely so heavily on
cygwin-1.7's i18n support that I didn't think it would be possible --
without *significantly* hacking up the code -- to port to msys,
regardless of what version of msys-gcc is used.

But if you and Andy think it is possible, then I think it's a great
idea. (Now, no doubt some will disagree, since mintty shares with rxvt
the "pty" problem -- which cmd.exe and console(2) do not).

But anything that helps "retire" rxvt sooner is all to the good, IMO.
rxvt is a dead parrot. Joined the choir invisible. Shuffled off this
mortal coil...

> Is there an internal MSYS function to convert the path to a 'native' MSYS path?

Yes, they are the same as the old cygwin-1.5-era functions <sys/cygwin.h>:

extern int cygwin_win32_to_posix_path_list (const char *, char *);
extern int cygwin_win32_to_posix_path_list_buf_size (const char *);
extern int cygwin_posix_to_win32_path_list (const char *, char *);
extern int cygwin_posix_to_win32_path_list_buf_size (const char *);
extern int cygwin_conv_to_win32_path (const char *, char *);
extern int cygwin_conv_to_full_win32_path (const char *, char *);
extern int cygwin_conv_to_posix_path (const char *, char *);
extern int cygwin_conv_to_full_posix_path (const char *, char *);

--
Chuck