Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Libtool, Autoconf, Automake, etc

On 15 June 2010 18:34, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> I'm working with Andy Koppe to port mintty to MSYS and I've hit a bit
>> of snag.  One of the features of mintty is to spawn a new terminal
>> window from within itself.  To that end, for Cygwin, mintty uses:
>
> Just to satisfy my curiosity, is it to get rid of cygwin and just provide
> a native executable for mintty, or is it for a future replacement of the
> current MSYS terminal ?

Out of my own interest really, given that I'm not a big fan of rxvt or
the Windows console.  Andy and I had discussed it a while back
(porting mintty to MSYS), but due the old gcc (2.95 at the time), it
was problematic.  With Cesar's work getting gcc to 3.4.4 for MSYS, we
now have a suitable compiler to port mintty.

As to mintty being the future terminal for MSYS, I really can't
comment.  If nothing else, it will give us options for MSYS.

I still use Cygwin for other activities, and MSYS for MinGW related
activities, so I liked the concept of having a powerful native
terminal that I could use for both that shared a common configuration
between environments.

Chris

> Vincent Torri

Chris Sutcliffe