Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Compiling bash

JonY wrote:
On 6/9/2010 16:08, Prabhulinga Swamy B S wrote:

Hi,
     I'm trying to build gstreamer-0.10.28 using Msys. As a dependency, I
successfully compiled glib-2.21.3

     While configuring glib, i've used,
        $ ./configure --prefix=/mingw

        Now when I tried to configure gstreamer with the same prefix,
checking for GLIB is failing. I've added paths to glib directory in Msys
environment( paths added link this: My
computer->properties->advanced->environment variables). Still facing the
same problem. I think I'm doing mistake in setting paths.

environment variables in MSYS:

LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ATLMFC\LIB;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\lib;C:\msys\mingw\lib;C:\msys\lib

INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\PlatformSDK\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\include;C:\msys\mingw\include;C:\msys\mingw\glib-2.0\include;C:\msys\include

Please help.

Thanks for your attention.

Hi,

you can look at config.log found in the directory you ran gstreamer
configure. It should tell you the reason for failure.

Hi JonY,
    Thank you for your help.

    I looked ad config.log file and found that environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH  was  missing in MSYS environment.
    So I just added env variable which is set to glib-2.0.pc (package config file) link this.

    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw/lib/pkgconfig

    gstreamer configured successfully.

    Now problem while doing 'make' with gstreamer. Showing as,

Making all in pkgconfig
Making all in gst
Making all in parse

./grammar.y: conflicts: 37 shift/reduce, 5 reduce/reduce
/bin/m4: unrecognized option `--gnu'
Try `/bin/m4 --help' for more information.
make[4]: *** [grammar.tab.h] Error 141
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm looking for it, can't figure out the problem yet.
I'll appreciate any help.
--

Regards,
Prabhu