Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

  On one Windows machine, I have both Cygwin and MingW32+MSYS
installed.  To go with it, I have both Cygwin and Windows native emacsen.
On the native system, I find using MS cmd.exe as the shell is sub-optimal.
Would it be possible to set up MSYS as the shell?

This is part of a more-general question.  How can an application tell
whether it was launched by MSYS?  There are some tools I want to make
behave appropriately to the environment I'm working in.
--

David A. Cobb -- computing t-rex