Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: Re: Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I can't get chmod to work with MSYS 1.0.12:

[...]

> csutclif@EUSH000065 ~
> $ chmod g+w test.txt
>
> csutclif@EUSH000065 ~
> $ ls -l test.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 csutclif Administrators 0 Feb 19 06:33 test.txt

It seems MSYS uses by default the equivalent of Cygwin's "noacl" mount
option:

* The Access Control List of the file is ignored.
* The read flag is always on.
* The DOS read-only attribute controls the user write flag.
* Files are considered to be executable if the filename ends with .bat,
.com or .exe, or if its content starts with #!.
* Directories have the execute flags always on.

Regards,
Cesar