Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Charles Wilson wrote:

> BTW, just as cygwin-rebase can't rebase cygwin1.dll, my msys port of
> rebase can't rebase msys-1.0.dll.  Maybe we need a pure win32 version...

If you want a MinGW version of rebase, I think this is doing what you want
it to do:

http://repo.or.cz/w/msysgit.git/commitdiff/76920dc49da361257cbccb02ea63b3e5357fe353

And the sources are here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/msysgit.git/commitdiff/322c42c780833a52bd7cd0358a562ab243ecfbce

But I guess you still would have problems with rebasing in-use .dll files.
You need to copy them to a new name, use the rebase.exe tool, then exit
every process using the .dll file and replace the .dll file.

Ciao,
Johannes