Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> Wouldn't this be a good case for using '-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base'
> when linking msys-1.0.dll?

No, I don't think so. The image base for cygwin1.dll and msys-1.0.dll is
actually explicitly specified in the build machinery (a fairly uncommon
thing in the world of cygwin/msys DLLs).  Changing it to auto would just
move it somewhere else that may -- or may NOT -- have fewer conflicts on
SOME systems, but not others.  And it wouldn't be under our control.

But /somebody/ is going to see conflicts, no matter what memory address
we (or --auto) picks.

BTW, just as cygwin-rebase can't rebase cygwin1.dll, my msys port of
rebase can't rebase msys-1.0.dll.  Maybe we need a pure win32 version...

--
Chuck