Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> C:\MSYS-TEMP\bin>sh.exe
>       0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487
> AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71690000, RegionSize 0x410000, State 0x10000
> C:\MSYS-TEMP\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap,
> Win32 error 6

Oh, geez. This sounds like either the dreaded DLL rebasing problem, or a
BLODA.  For the latter problem, see if any of these applications are
installed on your machine:
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

For the former...

> Any ideas on what I can try to correct the error?  1.0.12 works OK for
> me (other than the chmod issue I mentioned previously).

install dash and rebase (err...wait. Have I uploaded those yet? Ooops.
Okay, wait until I upload them...)

and then follow the instructions to run 'rebaseall'.

Until then, if you have cygwin installed (or access to the microsoft
'rebase' tool) you could use THAT to try and rebase the msys dll itself:

rebase -b 0x30000000 /path/to/msys-1.0.dll

--
Chuck