Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: Howto obtain a full Windows path from a shell command?

Ralf Fassel wrote:
> I added
> -fno-unit-at-a-time manually there, and ran a recompile/reinstall:
> problem gone.
>
> Recompiled using the original Makefile:
> problem reappeared.
>
> So it seems like it really is a problem in the compiler.
> How do I use -fno-unit-at-a-time everywhere?

I can confirm this. Compiling the MSYS dll with unit-at-a-time enables
(the default for this version of gcc at levels -O2 and -O3), and you
will see this aberrant gawk behavior.  Compile with -fno-unit-at-a-time,
and gawk behaves as expected.

Note that this is with a gawk executable that was compiled last fall,
using msys-gcc-2.95.3 and (old) msys-binutils.

In answer to your question, Ralf, you should edit the msysrlsbld.ini
file and change the two lines:

-export CFLAGS="-O3 -g"
+export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -fno-unit-at-a-time"
 export LDFLAGS='-L/usr/lib/w32api'
-export CXXFLAGS="-O3 -g"
+export CXXFLAGS="-O3 -g -fno-unit-at-a-time"
 export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/include/w32api'

Then, use ./msysrlsbld as usual.  (I'm assuming that you are trying to
build from the -src tarball, not from CVS).

--
Chuck