Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Running .bat files

Keith Marshall wrote:
may be seen in the attached libiconv-1.12.patch-1, but better still, IMO, to eliminate this complex sed expression altogether, in favour of the much simpler, and therefore more robust, implementation provided in my recommended alternative libiconv-1.12.patch-2.
I have just tried to build libiconv-1.12 and have run into this sed
problem.  I found this thread from last year so I tried the patch-2
that you suggested.  The make and install seemed to complete with
no more errors.  I am not able to build anything using libiconv.
I tried this simple test case and get linker errors like this:
undefined reference to `libiconv_open'.

I compiled with

gcc -I/c/gtkmm/include -L/c/gtkmm/lib -liconv.dll iconvtest.c

Can anyone help with this?  Is there anything else other than
the libiconv-1.12.patch-2 patch before libiconv-1.12 can be built
and used with msys/mingw?

Damon Register

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <iconv.h>