Web lists-archives.com

RE: [Mingw-msys] Problems with ./configure in XP

On Monday 23 February 2009 19:44:39 Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to compile autoconf 2.62 or 2.63,

Both of these build OOTB, provided you follow a few simple guidelines.

> unfortunately, there
> is an error when running make (i don't see any problem with
> configure):
>
> Making all in m4sugar
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/vincent/tmp/autoconf-2.62/lib/m4sugar'
> autom4te_perllibdir='../..'/lib
> AUTOM4TE_CFG='../../lib/autom4te.cfg' ../../bin/autom4te -B
> '../..'/lib -B '../..'/lib                         \
> --language=m4sugar                      \
>          --freeze                        \
>          --output=m4sugar.m4f
> autom4te: freezing produced output:
> autom4te:
>
> [snip a lot...]
>
> autom4te:
> make[3]: *** [m4sugar.m4f] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/vincent/tmp/autoconf-2.62/lib/m4sugar'
>
> I have msys 1.0.11. Does someone know why there is such error ?

Looks like you are using a native build of m4, instead of the MSYS
build -- the above error is definitively symptomatic of precisely
that.  You *must* install, and use the m4-1.4.7 build for MSYS; you
*must* also use the MSYS build of perl.  In addition to this, you
must *not* configure and build in the source directory.

Please search the archives of both this list, and of MinGW-Users; I've
already dealt with this issue, at some length, on more than one
occasion in the past year or so.

--

Regards,
Keith.