Web lists-archives.com

RE: [Mingw-msys] Problems with ./configure in XP

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Alex wrote:

> Greg Chicares wrote:
> > On 2009-02-08 23:10Z, Alex wrote:
> >> Has anyone had msys working on Windows 7 64 bit version?
> >> I'm getting "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)"
> >
> > Have you tried pasting the error message into google?
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q="The+application+failed+to+initialize+properly+(0xc0000142)"
> >
> Yes, I have. The only somewhat reasonable suggestion I saw was to alter
> the registry value
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\SubSystems\Windows, but this did not help. I did not reboot
> thoug after changing the value though. I'll try that later.

Funny.  The first Google hit _I_ get suggests something completely
different:

	http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838857

It talks about ths ISA Server 2000, and that you have to assign full
control permissions for the program in question to two security groups.

Ciao,
Dscho