Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: Re: Description of MSYS in forthcoming C++ Cookbook, by O'Reilly

On Friday 21 November 2008 12:06:49 rajneeshraju.vetukuri@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I am facing a problem where in my .c source
> files are not able to find the header files which are located in
> the other directories.

There has been an almost identical query, within the last week, on the
MinGW-Users list, (which is probably where this would have been best
asked too).

> In some location in .c source files we have definitions such as
> #include "dir/header.h"

Are you saying that your compiler cannot find these header files, when
you try to compile the code?  If so, then this has nothing to do with
MSYS path translation; `dir/header.h' must be a relative path, which
is relative to the directory in which the source file containing the
`#include "dir/header.h" directive is to be found.

Otherwise...

> Due to this when msys tries to find the file

...you will have to explain, preferably by means of a minimal self
contained example, exactly what you mean by this.  You need to show
us what is happening, to lead you to the conclusion that `MSYS cannot
find the header files'.  How have you actually instructed MSYS,
rather than your compiler, to look for them?

Regards,
Keith.