Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Description of MSYS in forthcoming C++ Cookbook, by O'Reilly

Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have compiled and installed autoconf without errors.
>
> autoreconf went into c:\soft\autotools\bin
>
> when building cpmake it comes up with
>
> autoreconf: command not found.
>
> and later
>
> mv: cannot stat 'bin/make.exe' : no such file or directory.
>
> Do I add C:\soft\autotools\bin to path enviroment?

To build MSYS tools, you should use the autotools provided in the MSYS
System Builder package:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=227249
autoconf-2.61-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
automake-1.10-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
libtool1.5-1.5.25a-20070701-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2

Unpack them to the same location you extracted
msysDVLPR-1.0.0-alpha-1.tar.gz

Regards,
Cesar