Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] RE: Sh aborbs #, ; ( and ), is this an proble

>> Could you please tell me how I can remove this enviroment variable
>> from MSYS:
>> $ set
>> !::='::\' - this variable
>
> Hmm.  I think this might be an artifact created by msys.bat; I don't
> use msys.bat any more, and don't see that, or even anything like it,
> in my environment; (I start MSYS bash directly, with the bash login
> command specified in a Console-2 configuration panel).  However, if I
> do start up an MSYS instance using msys.bat, I do see something very
> similar:

Here's an interesting transcript from my machine. The funky charaacters are
the result of something (MSYS?) dealing poorly with non-ASCII chars, ignore
for now.

C:\Documents and Settings\Администратор\Мои документы>E:

E:\>sh
sh-3.1$ set | head
!::='::\'
!C:='C:\Documents and Settings\?¤┐Ё-Ёбва вRа\?RЁ ¤RЄг┐?-вл'
!E:='E:\'
# snipped...
sh-3.1$ exit

Roman.