Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [mingw - MSYS] RE: Sh aborbs #, ; ( and ), is this an proble

On Thursday 23 October 2008 11:42:51 Punisher wrote:
> Could you please tell me how I can remove this enviroment variable
> from MSYS:
> $ set
> !::='::\' - this variable

Hmm.  I think this might be an artifact created by msys.bat; I don't
use msys.bat any more, and don't see that, or even anything like it,
in my environment; (I start MSYS bash directly, with the bash login
command specified in a Console-2 configuration panel).  However, if I
do start up an MSYS instance using msys.bat, I do see something very
similar:

  !D:='D:\usr\MSYS-1.0.11\bin'

and unset refuses to touch it, telling me that !D: is an invalid name.

> I have found it via set command and I confused. I tried to use
> unset command but it didn't help me. May be someone know how I can
> remove this variable from my enviroment?

Is it causing you a problem?  It should be harmless, and you should be
able to just ignore it.

Regards,
Keith.