Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] bug in env var path conversion code (msys 1.0.10)

Chris Saunders wrote:
> I have:

[...]
> msysCORE-1.0.11-20080826.tar.gz
[..]
> I have extracted each of these into its own directory so that I can tell
> what's in the directory.  I'm not sure that what I have done so far makes
> any sense but I'm hoping to find out what the MSYS directory structure is
> supposed to look like so that I can hopefully put together a working system.
> Anyone care to pitch in?

You only need msysCORE-1.0.11-20080826.tar.gz. The others are only
needed if you were upgrading incrementally from an earlier 1.0.11
snapshot, and could probably be removed at some point.

To use it, run msys.bat. If you have MinGW installed, you should also
type something like:

mount c:/mingw /mingw

Regards
Cesar