Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Path transformation

The second one in your list is very interesting.   The failures happen
on a bunch of machines where arranging for a build to test that idea
will take a while.  It seems a little unlikely but it is possible and
I will try to eliminate it.

I'll investigate.  Thanks, BTW :-)  I am delighted that someone has
replied and am very grateful for your time and effort!

Cheers,

Tim

2008/10/14 Greg Chicares <gchicares@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 2008-10-14 14:54Z, Tim Murphy wrote:
>>
>> We think that either:
>> 1) The path is randomly corrupted in particular invocations of bash (3.1 BTW).
>> 2) The logic that searches the path fails randomly.
>>
>> We suspect environment corruption of the PATH variable because we
>> occasionally see corruption in the TMP variable so it is possible that
>> this is affecting PATH too.
>
> Does $PATH exceed 32K?
>  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01467.html
> Do all environment variables combined take less than 32K?
>  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00646.html
> MSYS was forked from Cygwin in 2002 IIRC, so those messages
> might be relevant.

You could help some brave and decent people to have access to
uncensored news by making a donation at:

http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/