Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: mingw on x64, workaround

I'm looking at this piece of code in /etc/profile. I get what id -un does and I recognize HOME=... and what that does but what I don't understand is how that becomes /c/documents ... /username where does it get the /c/documents from?

if [ -z "$USERNAME" ]; then
  LOGNAME="`id -un`"
else
  LOGNAME="$USERNAME"