Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: mingw on x64, workaround

Hello,

I need to get xmlcatalog from libxml work from MSYS shell. Here's what I get
right now:

> xmlcatalog E:\Development\MSYS\etc\xml\catalog "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
> V4.5//EN"
file:///e:/Development/MSYS/share/xml/docbook-xml-4.5/docbookx.dtd

> sh
sh-3.1$ xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog  "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
No entry for PUBLIC -/E:/Development/MSYS/OASIS/DTD DocBook XML V4.5/EN

As you see, it works fine from under Windows command interpreter, but sh
translates the Doctype into something incomprehensible. Unfortunately,
xmlcatalog is called from a configure script, which obviously needs to be
executed by sh.

Can I do anything about it? Why is it translating the doctype at all, surely
it doesn't look like an absolute path?

Roman.